Thursday, December 10, 2009

Icy Eyelashes

I'm usually not a fan of before-the-morning-shower photos, but when my eyelashes started clicking with my blinks on my morning jog I had James take a picture. It's cold!
Here's Hyrum enjoying the festivities of the season. (Although he won't have much to do with "real food.")

Hardest laugh I've had recently:

Yesterday during the afternoon crescendo before Dad gets home, I had a crying Hyrum in my arms and the kids were at the bar shelling peanuts with the shells EVERYWHERE. I was trying to get dinner ready and Talmage was telling me about a recent survey they took in his class about student's preferences for pets. He said that most students preferred dogs and cats. Some would like to have a hamster. And then he said, most matter of factly, "And Mom, you wouldn't believe it, but I was the only one in the whole class who wants a mongoose." That took me right out of the moment and I couldn't help but laugh whole-heartedly. Hyrum stopped crying because I was shaking with laughter, the kids started giggling and the whole mood changed. Then all of a sudden, in a very serious way, Talmage said, "I don't get it." I laughed all the harder. He really couldn't see why a mongoose was anything out of the ordinary. I love that kid. I love that he brought me comic relief when I needed it.

On a sadder note. We discovered Sariah chewed Hyrum's fingernails until his fingers were bleeding! How'd we know? The blood around her mouth was the give away! I thought they were playing together on the living room floor, he wasn't even putting up a fuss. He is so patient with her. Poor little Hyrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment