Tuesday, March 27, 2012

36 Years

My birthday was made sweet by the little moments my family gave me today.

As soon as I came in from running at 6:30, Hyrum sang me "happy birthday" in his shy, morning voice, then gave me a big hug.

Sariah worked on these cards for me. The one on the left even has real flowers from our early bloomers in the back yard.

Bryant wished me a sincere "Happy Birthday" several times today. He also gave me a coupon for anything I want with no expiration date. That could come in really handy.

Talmage made sure we had pizza for dinner, James picked it up. Talmage also said our evening family prayer and thanked Heavenly Father for the treat it was to spend Mom's birthday with her.

James rented a movie so we could have a little R&R together tonight, but we were too tired to stay up and watch it (must be 36), so we watched a little video of Sister Hinckley so he could get it in the right spot for his seminary lesson. (When I grow up, I want to be like Sister Hinckley.)

Others made me feel special too:

Lizza brought me a way too big candy jar full of peanut M&Ms (a favorite) with a fun metal scoop. She also made an amazing little photo book that is beautiful in and of itself.

Meredith brought me her maple nut cake. Also a favorite since I first tasted it a couple of years ago. (You can see some little fingers went back for seconds too.)

A sweet couple in my ward brought me tulips. I'm hoping I can save the bulbs, but for now I'm just loving their "spring" feel.

And Sariah made sure her Dad took her to the store so she could get me some flowers---hot pink and yellow daisies.

Also I love my birthday because I get to talk to most of my siblings...
...even if I do have to remind them. :).

No comments:

Post a Comment