Sunday, July 28, 2013

Talmage's first Sacrament Meeting talk

When we originally talked about his assignment, Talmage mentioned he wanted to make everyone laugh.  When we talked about the meaning of sacrament meeting and how sometimes that happens and it's okay, our intention in speaking in Sacrament Meeting shouldn't be to entertain. 

Talmage chose to speak on temptation, something everyone could relate to.  He'd done some preparation and research during the week, but when it came Saturday night to put it together, he could hardly keep his eyes open.  I was grateful he pulled it off so well. 

He stood up and said, "I had a dream last night that when I got up here to give my talk, all my notes were in Russian."  He got the laugh he wanted and then gave a great talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment