Sunday, December 8, 2013

Welcomed Surprises

A few things this week occurred that were definitely welcomed surprises as a mother.
 
During family night, Sariah read these pages she had written.
 
 
School assignment or not, I didn't think these thought ever crossed Sariah's mind as much as she complains about not having a sister.
 
A couple times this week, while I was doing dishes, Bryant came and spontaneously volunteered to wash a sink full of dishes.  I kind of think it might have something to do with the approaching big day, but I'd like to think it has something to do with him growing up, recognizing the needs of others, and desiring to be of service.  Could it be?
 
Talmage spoke in Spanish Branch today.  This afternoon, Sariah and I went with the missionaries to the home of a sister with whom they are meeting.  She has a daughter in Sariah's school class.  When the sister missionaries asked what she liked about church, she told them about the talk given by the young man.  It was Talmage!  That was kind of fun.  I think it was a long hour for Sariah in Spanish but I was pleased with her for going and having her first missionary experience.
 
Talmage also had his violin recital tonight.  He actually hasn't been to violin for the last two months because of basketball.  We got his piece on Wednesday as well as the accompaniment I said I would do.  Talmage did great.  After working so hard to learn the piece I totally bombed. 
But, Talmage was flawless.
 
 
Rex and Lyle had to move on from the pin-striped tan Sunday suits.  Those baby gifts seemed to hang in the closet forever before they fit them and now they've grown out of them.  As Rex cuddled on my lap during the Christmas devotional tonight, he tapped his little foot to the rhythm of the carols.  Sweetness.  (I won't mention he flooded Grandma and Grandpa's bathroom on Thursday in a BIG way---like drawers full of water!)
 
James read the last chapter of Cracked Wheat for Christmas to us tonight.  I think we enjoyed it this time as much as we did for the first time last year.






No comments:

Post a Comment