Sunday, February 23, 2014

Talmage's Teddy Bears

Usually after reading a story at night, Rex and Lyle want James or Talmage to lay by them while they fall asleep.  James usually isn't home, so Talmage has been laying with them several nights this last week.  Last night, Rex told me, "I Talmage's teddy bear."  Then Lyle told me the same thing.  Sounds like they have a good thing going on there. 
 
Last night, Talmage went with James to the adult session of Stake Conference.  Tonight they went to a fireside for incoming seminary students.  Last Sunday night he went with Dave to a youth choir practice.  I think Talmage is pretty meetinged-out.
 
Wednesday afternoon when the kids got home from school, I told them we needed to go down to Dave and Taneil's and do a little secret service to help them get ready for their new carpet.  I think they really enjoyed it (Bryant even thanked me afterwards for taking them!) and Talmage left a little note from "the brownies".  I told them that secret service was one of my very favorite things to do.  I think they may be catching on.

James was called to the Stake Sunday school presidency today.  To me that translates as sacrament meetings by myself when he's away to ward conferences.  But, I told him I'd rather do that than send him off on a 2-7 year mission like the pioneer women did.

No comments:

Post a Comment