Tuesday, January 23, 2018

New Year, New Prophet


A week ago, on January 16th at 8am our time, President Nelson was announced as our new prophet.  It is with sad hearts that we say good-bye to President Monson.  He is loved by all.  It really is amazing how you can feel you know someone you've never met.  I'm about half way through his biography, which I should have read a long time ago.

As I have read and watched what has been published and broadcast about President Nelson over the past week, I echo Elder Holland, "He is the man for the hour."  I am excited for what lies ahead.  In BC2's ward conference this last week, I had the chance to sustain him for the first time.

One of our favorite things in life right now is after the little guys hit the sack, we often get to visiting with Talmage and Bryant, sometimes Sariah.  One night while visiting, James came out with this HUGE shirt he had brought home after it was left at the seminary.  We all had a good laugh.



One of the other things I been working on this new year is organizing and putting things back together after having the basement finished.  I don't want to put junk back in those rooms.  One of the things I found was this small framed picture---one of my all time favorites.

We are in full swing with the kids' basketball.  I coach Rex and Lyle's 1st/2nd grade boys team, and Sariah's 5th/6th grade girls team.  I've arranged practices on Wednesday afternoons which is so nice to free up the evenings.  
Rex imitating Gp. Rex

Lined up for their first game.  
(I actually missed their first game because I was involved in a Primary training.)

Saturday afternoon, we went out for some "wholesome family recreational activity" and discovered a great ride/hike in our own "backyard."  I can't believe we have been here for 31/2 years and never ventured across Sagemoor and up the ditch road.  It was a gorgeous sunset.

Over the weekend, Talmage pitched the tent because he needed one more overnighter for his Eagle (which is finally getting close).
Since there was no school on Monday, and Hyrum really wanted to sleep outside, James was a good sport and slept out with Hyrum and Sariah for the fun of it.  
(James recently won a sub-zero sleeping bag at a Roundtable.)




No comments:

Post a Comment