Sunday, November 10, 2019

Football, Football, Football

Just about every afternoon and evening, Hyrum, Rex, and Lyle are in the backyard playing something with a football.  At dinnertime, when we share our "positive things of the day," it's almost always a "football highlight" from recess.  One morning as Rex and Lyle were reading before school, I noticed they had washrags tucked into their waistband.  Right as I was going to ask them why I realized what they were for.  Quarterback hand rags.  Of course.

Football makes them completely lose track of time.  Grandpa Wells gave them a Nintendo 64 with the classic game "Madden" even though I protested.  Since James was out of town and it was my first night to go to youth activity, I consented and told them they could play for one hour and then go to bed at 7:30.  When we got home at 8:45 they came upstairs from playing.  It was a tough week to learn about consequences--that even when you repent, the consequences remain.  They missed a sleepover with Hayden this weekend.


Note I found by my bed after the offense.

We had to talk about how love and consequences are not synonymous.  Heavenly Father and Dad and Mom always love us, but that doesn't change the consequences of our actions.

So, while James and I went to Moses Lake for Severin's grandpa's viewing, Hyrum, Rex and Lyle had to stay with Grandpa...and watch football (not sure how much of a consequence that is.)
Football wore 'em out.



No comments:

Post a Comment