Sunday, January 31, 2021

Outstanding Spokespersons for Freedom

This was our art project on Tuesday.  Woven hearts getting ready for Valentine's Day.

This week since I had two students on vacation I invited Kyree and Britlan to be our "exchange students."  The boys weren't too excited about it to begin with but they realized over the course of the week that girl cousins are cool too. 

We started our new science curriculum - Marine Biology.  It was a great first lesson.

Thursday was two years since Rebecca died.  SO MUCH has happened in two years.  I took a blanket out and just sat at her graveside watching a gorgeous sunset for about 1/2 hour.  It was so peaceful and a loved just soaking it in.  I was thinking about how she was always two steps ahead of me along most of the path of life, and even in death.   I was thinking that even now, homeschooling, she was ahead of me.  I would love to hear her thoughts about homeschooling now and learn from her and her experience. 

Even though the week started out with the sentiment that girls have cooties, by Thursday night they were all bugs in the same rug.

A few mornings when I went down to get them for scriptures I found them playing games at 6:30 in the morning!

On Saturday morning we headed to Sunnyside for an awards ceremony at the VFW post.  Bryant, Hyrum, and Rex all entered essays and all won prizes.





Rex's standing by the flag that represented the war his namesake fought in.




Hey T,

How was this week on the great British continent? After reading some James Herriot books and another Sherlock Holmes book, I thought it was weird how it seemed like the vets and detectives of Britain could travel all over the country in seemingly no time at all. I then googled how large great Britain is and found out it’s a little more than 50,000 square miles. Then I googled how big Washington state is and I found out that it’s close to 75,000 square miles, needless to say, you could drive/commute across the whole country in close to a day. Things at home are pretty slow right now. The only new thing that happened this week is that I got to go to a new class after church called “emotional resilience” that is pretty interesting if pretty long. I got some new responsibilities this week in NHS, tomorrow I will begin to be a personal tutor to a student at Chiawana who needs the extra help. Although the same could be said for the majority of Chiawana students at their own levels. I think that this year of school has been essentially worthless, it reminds me of the schooling in Fahrenheit 451 where everything that is taught is essentially worthless junk that rots students brains, I don’t really feel like I’m being prepared for the real world and I’m just being taught random things about politics, literature, art and statistics. Oh well, that’s what the internet is for. We’re praying for you T, keep doing the Lord’s work!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment