Thursday, January 21, 2010

Well Child

Hyrum had his 9 month check-up today (now that he's 10 1/2 months). He weighed in at 18 lbs. 14 oz. as he squirmed all over the scale. He is 29 inches tall. This makes him very average for height and under weight with a big head. If you ask me, just by looking at him, you'd say he's perfect.

Thankfully, he is more like Sariah when it comes to check-ups than Bryant. He was generally cooperative as he was "checked-out." (Bryant would start screaming at the sight of the doctor and was relentless until it was all over.)

In the doctor's office, Sariah declared, "When I'm little I'll be a princess. When I grow up, I'm going to be a doctor."

In other news, Talmage has finished the fourth Harry Potter book and is devouring #5. His first pinewood derby is a week from tonight. He is ecstatic.

Bryant finished reading his first chapter book solo---a Boxcar Children book. I was happily surprised that he stuck with it and enjoyed it. From the sounds of it, he understood it too---100% on his AR test. Lost another tooth this week. Three birthday parties to attend in about 10 days, couldn't be happier about that. Good motivation for piano practicing.

Sariah is starting to write words as I spell them to her. Of course, I know which letters she knows and that helps her succeed. She has begun to carry Hyrum around the house and I found them both on her high bed the other day laughing and giggling together. Poor girl doesn't seem to be able to get a full night's sleep in her own bed with the company of little brother in the room.

James is buckling down on his MBA prerequisites. He was called for jury duty twice this month but was not required to serve this time.

I'm getting excited about working on a quilt for which I picked out fabric before Sariah was born. I cut out three blocks worth the other day. Getting anything done with my little leg leech is an accomplishment these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment