Monday, November 8, 2010

All I Want for Christmas

At lunch today, now that Sariah has cut and pasted pages two and three of her Christmas wish list together, she said to me, "Mom, what do you want for Christmas...helpful, obedient kids?"

I responded, "I would love that!"

She laughed, "Well you're never gonna get that. You'd have to get all new kids!" Laugh. Laugh.

What could I do but laugh with her?

Have I mentioned I love crockpots?


Not only do they cook delicious food, but I can prepare dinner during the quiet afternoon instead of during the chaotic 4 o'clock hour. Tonight: Homemade chicken noodle soup. Perfect for such a cold day like today.

If anyone else has a favorite (simple) crockpot recipe, I'd be very interested in it.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a tidbit on kbyu by this lady named Zonya...is a nutritionist/food expert who does lots of healthy cooking. I haven't tried this crock pot recipe yet (because we are leaving for WA in a few days), but it looks so yummy and easy!
    http://www.zonya.com/pdf/recipes/Crock_Pot_Fajitas.pdf

    ReplyDelete