Thursday, June 9, 2011

Perfect Imperfectionist

Since I spend a considerable amount of time sitting and pumping each day, I've reopened a book given to me when Talmage was born, So You Want to Raise a Boy? It was written by a man who also has five sons.

I skipped to one of the final chapters entitled, What is an ideal mother? He writes, "The ideal mother is a deliberate imperfectionist..." and "By design the ideal mother is a perfect imperfectionist." I like that.

Today Lyle had his first immersing bath. Thanks to a few tricks I learned as a NICU nurse he was totally fine with it. In fact, not a peep until I went to put his fresh diaper. He looks so handsome and smells so fresh. Rex still hasn't lost his cord yet (today is day 23). I'm wondering if umbilical lines for a week of life have something to do with holding on to that cord for so long.

Tomorrow morning we find out how much weight these guys have gained in the last week. For as much as we feed them around here, it better be substantial!

Since I spend close to 20 hours a day in my bedroom attending to little guys, I've been making a point to go for a walk each evening with one of the kids. Tonight, it was Hyrum and I. Spending so much time indoors when it has finally turned beautiful outside is a hard thing for me. In Hyrum's words, "Too Fair Mom!"

1 comment:

  1. that is a great quote..I am stealing it! :-) You better start working on being imperfect!

    ReplyDelete