Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Three Weeks Old

Rex and Lyle came home last Thursday, June 2, 2011.

Dressed to come home.

First car ride. (Needless to say, the strategic seating in our van has drastically been altered.)

Our enjoyable evening routine of family storytime is one of the things that has been disrupted. I was so pleased when the kids tried to give it a go themselves.

These little wraps were designed by an engineer who lost a son to SIDS. They are wonderful. The hospital gave us the preemie size but I will be looking for (or making) bigger ones.

A Nightime feeding.

New Routine:

At 2am, 6am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm and 10pm, it goes like this:

Warm bottles

Feed and burp Lyle (about 2 ounces)

Change Lyle's diaper

Feed and burp Rex (about 1 1/2 ounces)

Change Rex's diaper

Assemble pumping apparatus

Pump

Measure out breastmilk

Fortify breastmilk

Store excess breastmilk

Wash and sterilize bottles, nipples, pump parts

If I have someone to help me feed one of the boys, the process takes about 1 1/2 hours. If I'm on my own, it takes about 2 1/2 - 3 hours. (Preemies are very slow eaters and have to be diligently attended to because they choke easily and turn blue. It's very scary.)

Three weeks old today:


They are much cuter than this picture makes them out to be.

Two babies! TWO BABIES! It's hard to believe.

Big brother!

These are the darling thank you favors that a friend made for those who do so much to bless our family. They are better pictured on her blog. (Post 5/25/11).


This is the box full of thank you cards another friend prepared for me. It was packaged so nicely I was reluctant to break into it.

Yesterday, between feedings while my sister was here, I slipped out to see Talmage take part in his wax museum. He memorized his monologue with the greatest of ease. He's amazing.

Tonight, James went with Bryant to his Spectrum Program orientation. We are down to the last 4 days of school. Life goes on around us.

The last three nights, Sariah and I have taken an evening walk. I spend probably close to 20 hours a day in our bedroom tending to little ones. It feels so good to get out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad they are home and doing well. I want to help but have been staying away because Alexa is a little sick and I know you don't need our germs. Let me know if I can pick up anything from the store for you or do anything else to help.

    ReplyDelete