Monday, August 1, 2011

First Name Basis with the Doctors

Five out of the eight of us received medical attention today. Rex and Lyle had immunizations and...

Rex 9 lbs.

Lyle 9 lbs. 7 oz.

Talmage has a double ear infection and I have an ear infection and a sinus infection. In fact, last night was the first night the boys slept six hours and I couldn't sleep because my ear hurt so bad. (I've stopped asking, "What next?")

Tonight, Sariah slipped going up a metal slide and split her chin. She ended up in urgent care with steri-strips, no stitches.


In the scriptures it talks about God's course being "one continual round." I think I know what that means as each day becomes the next with no night. I have seen more sunrises in the last 11 weeks than I would have liked. (And I love sunrises.)

There are some points of interest to mention.

Since we aren't much for reading to the kids at bedtime at this phase of life, they are reading to each other. It's wonderful. Talmage and Bryant are reading Leven Thumps off James ipod to each other at night. I love to hear them enjoying literature together.

Hyrum figured out that while we are busy with babies, we can't enforce bedtime very well. He was staying up way too late for a two year old. Finally, we bought a lock for his door. It took one night that wasn't too pretty, but now he stays on his bed like a charm. It's wonderful. (We probably should have bought a lock 4 kids ago. :))

This post is being interrupted by the fact that Rex and Lyle are both asleep, so that's where I'm headed...pronto.

Hyrum stays in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment