Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Spelling

I have a handful of posts saved with just a title and no text because I have no time. I can't let this one get passed up though.

The kids spell "summer" and I spell "friend" the same way --- L-I-Z-Z-A.

I remember the first time I met Lizza. I had know idea how much I would come to love and appreciate the quiet woman with long dark hair and four little boys.

Lizza has literally given my children summer this year. She comes nearly every morning and loads my four " big kids" into her mini-van for a summer activity.

She takes them swimming.

She takes them to storytime.

She takes them to the movies.


She takes them to soccer practices and games.


She takes them to McDonald's.


(They're having their best summer ever!)

She does all this with her own four boys. That makes a crew of eight, 10- years- old and younger!

She never gives the impression that this is a charity case or a responsibility. She does it out of the goodness of her heart. My kids love her because she loves them.

I cannot help but think of the words found in the book of Jude, "and of some have compassion, making a difference." Lizza is making a monumental difference in my life and the life of my children at this crazy time. (I didn't even mention she was at my house last Saturday until 3 am feeding and soothing babies so I could get some much needed sleep.)

If it weren't for Lizza, my kids would be limited to homemade snow cones and battleship this summer.

Thank you "friend" for "summer"!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what to say. You are most welcome. You have been a great friend to me and I most enjoy the little talks we get squeezed in here and there. It has been a great summer for us too. I have loved every minute being with your children and watching mine interact especially with Hyrum we all think he's the cutest. It is only possible to do all those things because you have amazing children. I was talking to my mom telling her this and she said "Isn't it great when people produce good kids like that" YES! it sure is. They are just so good and helpful. Thank you for this post.(tears) I hope to be like you someday Makala, you make a difference in my life as well. Hang in there you are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'll come any day/night to hold those precious babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Lizza is amazing. I love her! You are amazing too, I would never be able to handle all that you do. Please let us know if we can help at all. We are adjusted and it wouldn't be a big deal to do anything to help.

    ReplyDelete