Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good Bye 2011

I wanted to title this post "Good Riddance 2011!" but James reminded me that we should look at the tender mercies that have kept our family in one piece although we have felt "broken" most of the year.

We couldn't go out without one more "bang" chalked up for 2011. Surprisingly, and gratefully, it didn't involve a trip to the hospital. Sariah wanted to keep her blanket from the ambulance though as a souvenir.

Sariah was in the passenger seat. The airbag did not inflate.

This year we have miraculously survived:
  • pre-term labor and birth (Rex, Lyle and I)
  • emergency c-section (me)
  • erythema multiforme (Hyrum)
  • 16 days in the NICU (Rex and Lyle)
  • blood clot (me)
  • anaphylactic shock (me)
  • strep throat (Bryant)
  • sinus and ear infections (Talmage and I)
  • bone spur surgery (Talmage)
  • split chin (Sariah)
  • SERIOUS post-partum depression (me)
  • ER visit for "concussion" (Talmage)
  • car wreck (Sariah)

That does not include my extended family:

  • Torn ACL and surgery (Laryn)
  • Emergency appendectomy (Dave)
  • Grandpa Webb's passing
  • Torn ACL and surgery (Vard)

Thanks to healthy and helpful parents and a dad who has kept us anchored and given many priesthood blessings.

Tonight, we are all home, and safe.

A few runny noses, but other than that, I am thankful to say we are all well and happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment