Sunday, January 29, 2012

What I'll miss in 20 Years

The little things I'm going to wish I remembered 20 years from now:

The way Hyrum says "tooties" (cookies) and how this or that is "da best in da whole wide world" (especially his dad). Other classics include "badoon" (balloon) and "peppioni" (pepperoni), and "boys and drills" (boys and girls).

How Sariah is hitting the learning curve in her reading and the joy I feel when my kids learn to read.

I'm sure someday I will miss not having to repeat to Bryant several times a day "don't throw things in the house!"

Something I've wanted to blog about Talmage for awhile now is that he completed "Twins Training Camp," probably about last November. "Twins Training Camp" was an idea I came up with shortly after we found out that we would be having twins. The idea was that the kids would be trained and learn how to take on more responsibility around the house so as to make the transition to six a little more smoothly. Lizza helped me make a booklet containing several pages each representing a category of tasks, i.e. laundry, bedroom, household, family... A total of around 160 tasks!

Talmage took on the challenge and worked consistently over several months to check off each of those 160 boxes. He chose as his reward, a Barnes and Noble gift card which he used towards a Lego set.


As for Rex, he has started to roll over on purpose. He loves to kick in the bath tub---quite the splasher. His two bottom teeth are very visible now and I even gave him parts of cheerios in sacrament meeting today.

Lyle has been army crawling this week and has been up on his hands and knees a couple times. He can get where he wants to go if it's not too far away. We've noticed his hair usually comes straight forward onto his forehead.

Both of them consistently go to bed at night between 7 and 8 o'clock and are awake usually at the same time about 5:30. James and I have a system down of diapering and preparing bottles and then he feeds both of them so I can run. Unfortunately, there is nothing much consistent about naps. In fact, both of them are crying right now because they've only slept a short time today. Sundays are rough on naps.

James has started a new semester of 2 classes. He doesn't come home until about 9pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays and he's up really late every night with homework. The light at the end of the tunnel is at least visible now. He'll be DONE, DONE come the end of June.

As for me, I'm working on opening up at Etsy Shop. I've wanted to do something of the sort for a couple years now. Hope to get it officially opened this week since I've made some Valentine's table runners and Valentine's day is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment