Sunday, January 15, 2012

One Week Later

After one week of "sleep training," for the first time ever, Lyle konked out on the carpet. Yeah!

So people ask us how the "sleep training" is going. All I can say is they are alive every morning when we get up. You see, we put them down, close three doors between them and us, and sleep on an air mattress in the boys' room. Last night we layed them down at 7:15 and Rex woke at 6:30 and Lyle woke at 7:15. Awesome! How'd the night go? I don't know, but they don't seem to be hurting for it. Rex just layed down for a nap without crying at all. Yeah! Yeah!

The next step will be moving some cribs so they are in the same room. This will probably require moving some big kids for awhile, probably all four into the same room. I'm not sure how that will work. Sariah and Hyrum haven't been doing too well anyway the last little while.
James and I are realizing we are back to about the same position we were before we added onto the house 4 years and three kids ago.

Other cute twin moments this week:


In Sunday School they were taking turns pulling the binkies out of each others mouth. Needless to say, that didn't make it onto film.

Rex's two bottom teeth have broken through and Lyle has at least one broken through.

This week I've been:

working on an article about PPD,

creating a fun half apron with Lizza. She introduced me to Riley Blake fabric,

and finishing up a bag I started B.T. (before twins).

I've been reminded how much I love to create with a sewing machine.
Another reason we have to rearrange sleeping conditions---so I can have access to the sewing machine while babies are sleeping!

1 comment: