Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter 2012

To finish off our "Spring Break Activity" agenda, we took Rex and Lyle to have their "baby" pictures taken on Friday afternoon. We put them in the hiking backpacks afterwards and let the kids browse through Toys 'R Us. That's a real treat. Hyrum bought a dart gun with his birthday money from Gp. and Gm. Hales. It's the first one he's been able to cock on his own.

I don't remember a sweeter Easter. Somehow, I felt the reality of Christ's triumph over sin and death very much related to His triumph over the bitterness of my life. The good seems all the better when the bad has been all the worse.

I made the very first dress I've ever made for Sariah. (It only took 6 years.)
She and I both had an Easter dress to wear. (Thanks Lizza.) It felt special.

This was the best photo we could get. Hyrum's expression is classic.


I do love this one:

We enjoyed the rest of a beautiful day out at Gp. and Gm.'s with good food and great company.

B.T. (before twins) we went to the library on Wednesday nearly as religiously as we went to church on Sundays. Today I took Hyrum, Rex, and Lyle for our Wednesday visit to the library. Afterwards we came home, ate lunch, and then walked up to the school to pick up Sariah. I used to walk up pushing a stroller at least once a day during the school year, often twice. It's been a year now since I've done that. It felt like a B.T. Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. The spring break activities all look so fun!! Makes me wish engineers got breaks like teachers do!

    ReplyDelete