Sunday, September 9, 2012

Creamsicles

"In a perfect world every child would return home from school to be greeted with a plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, a tall glass of cold milk, and a mother ready to take the time to talk and listen about her child’s day. We do not live in a perfect world, so you can skip the cookies and the milk, if you like, but don’t skip the “take the time to talk and listen.” " Rosemary Wixom, Primary General President

One of my favorite times of the day is when I can see the school bus coming about 2 miles off.  I have just enough time to drop what I'm doing, grab orange creamsicles out of the freezer and step out onto the front porch to sit on a bench and great my kiddos.  I love it! 





 In a few weeks, it will be hot cocoa instead, but for right now we are enjoying orange creamsicles as we talk about their day. 

Yesterday, the pears were ready.  When the pears are ready, the pears are ready, regardless of what else might be going on in life.  I'm grateful to James who willing took on the family so I could take on the pears.  47 pints, 2 quarts---two of which didn't seal and one of which broke.  Not too bad.  I ran out of pint jars and when I did the two quarts at the very end, I decided I probably should have been doing those all along.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment