Sunday, September 23, 2012

Happy Birthday James

James turned 35 yesterday, and selfishly, my gift to him was an evening out.  It's been way too long since we've had some alone time.  We hopped in his truck, picked some pears on our way into town, settled a bet as to how long our dining room table was with both leaves (I won), went to dinner, ate in peace, visited some friends, then caught up on the one TV show we watch together (thanks to DVR).  The whole time we just kept saying to each other, "This is so nice."  "This is so fun."  "Isn't this great?!"  We really should get out more.  We both agreed it was his best birthday present ever.  Thanks Taneil for watching all 10 kids on a Saturday night!

When I found a few tufts of hair in the sink I couldn't help but wonder the source.  He denied my questioning but eventually confessed to James.  Of course he had picutres this week.

Sariah had her first soccer game this week.  I forgot my camera but I probably wouldn't have gotten a shot anyway trying to chase Rex and Lyle around the playground.  She did a good job being involved and not just spectating.

No comments:

Post a Comment