Sunday, May 19, 2013

Timing is Everything

...or, the end of everything.

For the last few years we have been planning on this being the summer that James would build our house.  The vacation days have been saved, the Master's Degree is done, the plans are complete, and James goes to mutual one night and everything changes in an instant.  Makes you realize how life can change so fast and so unexpectedly.

                                              

Two fingers broken, one being a crushed knuckle; and the hand broken in two spots.  The Doctor told James he didn't expect that he would be able to use his hand for three months and that at that point it would still be a long road to strength and mobility.  When my visiting teacher asked me at church today what she could do to help, I told her I need somebody to build our house.

Friday, Rex and Lyle turned 2 years old!  As I look back at how they came into this world and the strong, bright little boys they are today, I can't help but think of the word "miracle."  I would have never thought a "miracle" could have been so absolutely excruciating, trying, exhausting, challenging...but I guess miracles come in all different ways.  They still consume my days, and yet it is so much less grueling than much of the last two years.  They are happy, busy, and mischievous at times.  All that 2-year-old boys should be.  I'm so grateful.
                                      
Birthday money from Grandpa and Grandma Hales.
                                      
Rex devoured his, Lyle just kind of poked at his.  Both LOVED blowing out candles.  A few times.

Thursday, I took Talmage to the Junior High Open House.  He seemed to take everything in stride and not be too ruffled by it all.  We visited with my 8th Grade math teacher for a minute.  I don't think I ever thought much about the chance of my kids attending the same schools I did.  Of course, just about everything has changed but it's still somewhat nostalgic.

Caught this the other day, made me happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment