Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mother Daughter

This weekend, members of the General Women's Auxillaries came to town.  Friday night was a meeting for all women 8-years-old and older.  I took Sariah anyway.  She felt so special, and more important, she felt the Spirit.  During a musical number, she turned to me with teary eyes, a little surprised and embarrassed I think.  Afterwards when we were talking about the Spirit she said she felt like Jesus was right there and she wanted to reach out and touch his hand.  It doesn't get any better than that.  I came away mostly with impressions about things we can do in our family.
I think this part made Sariah feel especially special.
 
 
It was really late, but afterwards we went and got new church socks.  I thought for sure she'd fall asleep, but she chatted the whole way home.  I told her again about the time when she was about a year old and I was pushing her in the swing in the back yard, her tiny, blonde pigtails flying in the wind.  I had a very distinct feeling of joy and pure contentment.  Knowing we planned to continue our family I didn't know what it meant at the time.  I told Sariah Friday night, I've come to realize that feeling must have meant Sariah would be my only girl and yet she would bring me complete joy and contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment