Wednesday, October 15, 2014

October Fun

It's that long-awaited time of year---payday...I mean pumpkin harvest.
 
Lyle helping load up.
 
Pumpkin harvest also means birthday girl. 
She wanted to take homemade granola bars as her birthday treat on Thursday since there was no school Friday.
 
She asked for art supplies and new bike tire tubes, and chocolate, chocolate cake. 

This is the part of the day that made me most happy:
 "Sariah sometimes you are very complex but I will always love you.  Your brother, Bryant"
He spent a long time with the spirograph and said something like, "she better love this because it's killing my hand."  He then attached it to a bottle of fingernail polish remover which he paid for and tied the pink ribbon all by himself.  Made my day. 
 
That and Hyrum had been saving some bead art that he made at the neighbors so he could have a gift for Sariah.  He came up the stairs with his little gift in a plastic lego box with a big smile.  What a sweetie.  Grandpa, Blaire, and Great Grandma Gibbons joined us for her birthday pizza, cake, and ice cream.  It was a lot of fun.  Then just she and I stayed up late and watched a girl movie.  I love my girl!
 
I'm feeling very protected lately.  This is how they are almost all day everyday.  I'm just glad they don't want to be the same thing!
 
Speaking of these two.  Last Thursday morning they were running around the couch and somehow Rex's foot caught Lyle's nose.  Lyle was crying so hard he passed out and convulsed.  Scary!!
 
James has taken the boys fishing several times over the last week.  This is a fishing picture, can you tell?



No comments:

Post a Comment