Sunday, September 8, 2019

Football Season Opener

Rex and Lyle were looking forward to the first football game, Richland vs. Chiawana at Fran Rish Stadium in Richland.  James took them and Talmage.  James was rooting for Richland, the others for Chiawana.  Before the game, one of them came to me and said, "Someone else will be number 24."  Yes, Talmage won't be #24 this year.  Rex and Lyle have loved football every since Talmage's first year as a freshman.  He never missed a practice--even to go to the solar eclipse which he would have LOVED.  They have idolized their big brother.  Talmage has been a great example of endurance and doing hard things.  Chiawana won pretty easily.

Bryant had his first cross country meet that afternoon.  I was at Makenna Price's wedding reception and Sariah and Hyrum were at Specht's watching Zorro.

James and Bryant spent the day working on the Accord at Phil's shop.  I was home trying to teach my two 8-year-olds and my 10-year-old how to work, to stick to a job, and to finish it completely.  I don't know if James or I had the tougher job.  Fortunately, James and Bryant had great success. Hyrum, Rex and Lyle got their garden weeding, washing the car, Saturday chore, kitchen job and their bedroom done in time to go swimming at Stock's one last time this year.  It was a very pleasant evening, a little overcast, and they had a hard time getting out of the pool, and I had a hard time making them since I knew it would probably be the last of the year.  Not to mention, Talmage was swimming with them and he was enjoying it as much as they were, and those moments are numbered.  But, we still had showers to take for Sunday.  Hyrum asked me if swimming counted as his shower.  I told him not on Saturday night.

Sariah had decided to run to Stock's instead of swim.  At the reception the previous night, Kiersten Price had told me, "Sariah is stinkin' fast."  It is a joy to me to hear Sariah recognize what a gift her body is and what it can do.  She has discovered how good it feels to run. 

Speaking of Bishop Stock.  I was at a Ward Conference but after church in our ward today, they recognized Bishop Stock for his service at the linger longer.  He really is a great man whose love is felt by all.

Hyrum got excited about making animals with pony beads.  He looked up the patterns and figured it all out by himself.  Then he taught Rex and Lyle how to do it.  This dragonfly is one that he designed and made by himself.  We had a lot of beaded lizards and snakes at our house this week.  I was really impressed how they took it on and figured it out without really any help from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment