Sunday, December 8, 2019

Choice and Accountability

While we were putting away the groceries on Monday, I asked Sariah to wipe a shelf in the fridge.  Next thing I know every single thing in the fridge was unloaded.  She scrubbed and organized the whole thing.  So much better!

We've been having challenges with disobedience.  James and I were pretty consistent with consequences with the older kids when they were little.  We wanted to make sure everyone knew the expectations so that consequences were understood ahead of time.

As a result, Rex's monkey has been sleeping with James and I since Wednesday.  When it went flying through the air during a piano meltdown, I put it up in a cupboard.  That night when Rex went to bed he was pretty upset about his monkey being lonely.  We had to maintain the consequence, but I told Rex the monkey could sleep with me so he wouldn't be lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment