Monday, July 5, 2010

Stars and Stripes

I love the Fourth of July because I love this country! I have always loved the Fourth of July. This is how we celebrated this year (on Saturday the third):

Ward Breakfast at the Church with a flag raising (Talmage assisted the Color Guard) and the children singing, "My Flag" and "My Country 'Tis of Thee."

Basin City Parade, a special event this year with the recent passing of Franklin County's Fire Chief.


Crew waiting for parade to begin.


Hyrum wondering what is going on.




Grandpa was in the parade this year.



Laryn as North Franklin Junior Miss.




Fire Engines from all over the state of Washington. Including this one who gave Bryant exactly what he wanted.


Swimming at Grandma Gibbons

Barbeque






Picking Cherries

Uncle Tim's Fireworks in an alfalfa field (it was so cold!)

On the Fourth (Sunday) we found a great, secret spot (only a handful of people there) to watch the Gesa Stadium Fireworks with Dax, Jen, and Hayden & Gp., Gm., Blaire, and Laryn. (It was warmer.)

I recently read a book James received from my Mom for Father's Day. The Gettysburg Address Illustrated by Jack Levin. It brought tears to my eyes and I felt why I love the Fourth of July.

Sidenote: On the way back from Talmage's soccer practice Sariah said, "I think I got a squito bite 'cause I didn't use squito protector." I responded, "Where is it?" Sariah's reply "In the diaper bad" (referring to the mosquito repellant). Laughing I asked, "Not the mosquito repellant, where's your bug bite?" Sariah's response, "I don't know yet." I laughed harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment