Monday, February 7, 2011

Kase

I have a brother named Kase. There is no way to describe him except to know him, and all those who do, love him. Just for starters, he asked me to send him by overnight mail the wishbone of the turkey he and his girlfriend butchered last Thanksgiving. Along with it, he requested the penny they found in its gizzard. Both of these items had been saved by my mother over the last few months. With Valentine's Day around the corner I'm just hoping his sweetheart of a girlfriend isn't taken aback by wishbones and gizzard pennies as opposed to flowers and chocolate. Having dated for over a year, I can't imagine that too much surprises her.

Bryant and Sariah broke a different wishbone tonight (simultaneously dried with Kase's wishbone for over two months by Grandma). As soon as it snapped and Sariah had the bigger half, she exclaimed, "Now I can put it under my pillow!" What?! Where did she get that idea? We all burst out laughing.

Hyrum has figured out how to turn the doorknob and escape at bedtime. When he wandered out the first time, I put him straight back to bed. Within a few minutes, he had opened up the door again and come out on all fours barking. So much for puppy dog eyes, he's going for the full effect. Now he does it all the time. We just scoop him up and tell him that puppies have to go to sleep too. (It wasn't so cute in line at the post office this morning.)

I've been reading this book about pregnancy with multiples. One of the main points of it is the drastically different dietary requirements when a woman is expecting multiples as opposed to a singleton. I'm supposed to be eating 6 meals a day, plus a bedtime snack. This daily requirement includes 2 cups of ice cream and whole milk. By next week I should have gained a minimum of 18 pounds. (Three weeks ago I had gained 7 lbs.) Early weight gain is important with multiples because they often come early and the ability to eat much is restricted much earlier simply because of how much space the uterus takes up in the abdomen. I always thought eating and sleeping the days away sounded luxurious. Now that I'm doing it, it seems more like a chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment