Monday, March 28, 2011

Sleepless in Seattle

A special occasion took us to Seattle this weekend.

I met Sharon as a new roommate on my first day back to Ricks College during the fall of 1995. She was from small town New York and a fun-loving, happy person who soon became a good friend. A long ways from home, she spent several holidays with our family in Washington. We got to be close friends and she has been to many special occasions of ours. I was so glad I was able to be at her special occasion. It was beautiful.

The boys had fantastic parent-teacher conferences and so we decided to make it a little family get away. They had a blast...

In the hotel watching TV (a huge treat).

Saturday morning, Hyrum woke up with a cough, I woke up with a sore throat, Sariah woke up with pink eye, and Bryant woke up at 4:30 with an upset stomach. James was already up working on his paper (hence the post title "Sleepless in Seattle"). Despite it all we still had a great time.

The kids swam for two hours right after breakfast.

Later on, we hit the Pacific Science Center...

The Butterfly House and

the new Star Wars exhibit with original costumes...




and some water science outside.

Back within about 30 hours of leaving home it was a quick trip to say the least, but it was so much fun.


1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for her! Believe it or not I was in Seattle the weekend before visiting Amye Brown for a girls weekend! YOu look so great prego with twins, better than I ever did with one! Sorry for the belated birthday wishes.....I thought of you on Sunday and went to send you a text Sunday night and realized I didn't have a cell # for you......Just know I have been thinking of you, one of my most dearest friends! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete