Monday, June 4, 2012

 Saturday our back yard looked more like a daycare.  We pulled out all the car seats, stripped them down, washed the covers, and scrubbed the chairs.  There were some pretty nasty findings, but now they are squeaky clean.

 That afternoon, Talmage had his violin recital.  In his words, "there was a little glitch."  That "glitch" would be forgetting his own music.  He had to use his teacher's book and the markings weren't what he was used to.  He was a little disappointed in his performance, but hopefully it will help him to remember next time.

 Rex and Lyle enjoying some pizza.  I remember watching my friend's twin in their high chairs at about the same age and thinking, "I'm so glad I don't have twins."  Watching these two that night, I was so glad I do.  They were happy---double the joy (despite double the mess).

 This is why I don't get out much.  It's not inside the store that is the problem.  It is the process of getting in and out of the van.
 
Retrieve stroller
Unbuckle baby #1
Place baby #1 in stroller
Buckle baby #1 in stroller
Retrieve backpack
Unbuckle baby #2
Put baby #2 in backpack
Buckle baby #2 in backpack
Hoist backpack on
Buckle backpack
Gather purse, diaper bag, other kids
Proceed to store
Shop
Exit
Reverse all steps

It's nuts!  I usually call it quits after one errand.  The worst is when there are two stops within eyesight and yet I have to go through the whole process here and there!

Considering we live in the city, we enjoy the wildlife.

Hyrum had his 3 year-old check-up today.  I had the babies and Sariah with me.  The babies don't like that place and did a whole lot more crying than Hyrum did.

I got Bryant another pair of shoes today.  We've lost official count, but we think this is pair #4 or #5 this school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment