Sunday, October 27, 2013

Picking Pumpkins in Swim Trunks

Friday afternoon, Talmage, Makaley, Bryant, Sariah and I went for our last load of pumpkins.  We were all in T-shirts and Talmage was even in his swim trunks since I packed away all the other shorts.  It couldn't have been more beautiful. 
 
As much as I enjoy pumpkin season with the kids, it's a feeling of relief to be done for the year. 
The kids have been greatly blessed again. 
 
They are cooking up their next entrepreneurial project.
 
Earlier in the week, I had taken Jhett, Hyrum, Rex and Lyle to glean grapes.  There was a little cement ditch right be where we were gleaning and I told them if they didn't throw one rock in it, I would take them to the pond to throw rocks afterwards.  I think that's something they could probably literally do for hours and hours.
 
 
This week they poured our front and back porches and did the majority of our siding.  This upcoming week isn't supposed to be nearly as nice, but hopefully we can get the apron on the garage poured and the outside finished up including painting before the weather really turns.
 
Today I was released from Primary.  I will miss primary.  I will miss all that goes on down there, but most of all, I will miss being with my kids in that setting.  Hyrum gave a talk today on Jonah.  Talmage had helped him learn it while they waited for Bryant and I at the dentist's office.  He did great!  His favorite part, "...so the Captain chucked him overboard."
 
Talmage starts junior high basketball tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment