Sunday, October 6, 2013

Wound

This is Lyle's toe on Tuesday:
 By Wednesday morning, the darkening had become one big bubble all the way around his toenail, he had a fever, and he wouldn't walk. 
We took him in and the doctor opened it up and prescribed some antibiotic.  Likely an infected hangnail. OUCH!!


Somehow we still made it to the kids' walk-a-thon that evening.  It was a perfect fall afternoon.  While we were there, Talmage was trying to sell pumpkins to the passing traffic out on the road. 
Sariah in full stride.  She kept going the whole time.  Bryant took the "hare" approach, a lot of laps fast and then quit to hang out with friends before the time was up.

By Thursday, Lyle's toe looked like this, and I hadn't even gotten a full dose of antibiotic down.  I HATE (and I use that word very rarely and intentionally) trying to give little guys medicine. 
 
Yesterday, the kids sold their load of pumpkins in 2 1/2 hours.  We'd gotten the load Thursday afternoon.  Makaley had come to earn some money, so I had 7 kids in the cab of the truck in addition to myself.  They were singing and laughing---it was an adventure.  Yesterday though, Dad's pick-up broke down on the way home and so we were stranded on the side of the road for a little over an hour.  Brought back a lot of memories for me.  The kids did well for the first 1/2 hour making jokes like this:
 
Mom: Darn, I don't have my chapstick.
Bryant: (feigning agony) Now we have nothing to eat!
 
The second 1/2 was much less pleasant.
 
Talmage went to his first priesthood session of conference last night, and tonight, James asked the kids questions about conference as we dished out our traditional cinnamon rolls.

1 comment:

  1. That infected toe/foot looks familiar! Alexa was reading an old book at Brenda's when she was about 1 1/2, and she paper cut her toe and it ended up infected. I don't think the doctor believed me what happened, as they kept trying to get me to change my story. Hope it heals quick!

    ReplyDelete