Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Talmage

I think this is one of my favorite school pictures of Talmage because he looks natural.
This is one special kid.
 

One that pleases me every day, and makes me laugh almost as often.
 
Day before yesterday he came home and told me he made $2.20 at school.  I said, "What?!"  He proceeded to tell me that kids give him money to buy things at the vending machine.  As I continued to inquire about just how that happened, it turns out Talmage loves to watch the coils turn when a purchase is made and see the goods drop.  I totally believe that about Talmage.  However, other kids see him wistfully staring at the vending machine and offer him money.  Talmage isn't about to turn down free money.  And so...the dough is more valuable to him than the goodies so he pockets it and comes home.  I couldn't help but laugh, and laugh hard at my totally innocent 12 year-old panhandler.  Then, I talked to him about how that might not be the best thing to do.
 
Yesterday, he comes home and says, "Mom, I got four new quarters."  Thinking my explanation from the prior day must not have been clear, I coaxed him to explain.  He told me when you put a quarter into the vending machine and push the "return change" button it doesn't give you the quarter you put in, but a different quarter.  Since he's trying to collect the quarters representing all 50 states, he thought this would be a great method of trying to collect the quarters he hasn't found yet.  It worked.  Who would have thought?!  Apparently...Talmage. 
 
I love you son.

No comments:

Post a Comment