Sunday, November 3, 2013

Special Day

Tonight our only daughter was baptized. 
I told Sariah this was the only time I'd ever get to help one of my kids in the dressing room after the baptism.  I don't think that meant to her what it does to me.
 
She had a lot of family and friends come to support her.
(But not Rex and Lyle.  Lyle was home with a weird rash and so Rex stayed too. 
Thanks to Grandma for staying with them.)

Baptism of Sariah Hales
November 3, 2013

Conducting………………………………………………………..Kevin Jenks

Pianist………………………………………………………………..Jande McGary
Chorister……………………………………………………………Grandma Wells

Opening Song……………………………………My Heavenly Father Loves Me
                                                                (lyrics on back of program)

Opening Prayer………………………………………………….Aunt Haley Bergeson

Talk on Baptism……………………………………………………….Grandpa Wells

Baptism
Performed by Sariah’s Dad
            Witnesses……………….........Uncle Severin Bergeson
                        ………..………….Uncle Dave Specht

Special Musical Number……………………”When I am Baptized” by Sariah

Talk on the Holy Ghost……………………………………Aunt Blaire Delos Reyes

Confirmation

Bishop’s Remarks……………………………………..Bishop Lane McGary

Closing Hymn………………………………………I Love to See the Temple
                                                       (lyrics on back of program)

Closing Prayer……………………………………………………Uncle Dax Wells

Refreshments and Visiting at the Home of Stan and Brenda Peterson.
She wanted to play the piano for her musical number and so she's been practicing for several months.

We took a picture right where my family and I stood the day I was baptized.
 
 
 She was baptized in the font I was baptized in---and it was COLD for her too.

I can't help but think of the day I was pushing her in the swing in a backyard when she was just a year or so old.  I was struck by a very real and full feeling of contentment and joy.  It surprised me because we fully intended to keep growing our family.  Little did I know that feeling was because Sariah was my fullness of joy as far as daughters go.  She continues to bring me that joy.

Sariah is a special girl. 





No comments:

Post a Comment