Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Lost Time

Talmage recently told me that one of his goals for the summer was to catch up in his journal.  (I'm not sure if he is as far behind as I am.)  I told him that rather than lose the present by trying to catch up on the past, he'd be better off starting today than nothing.  In an effort to follow my own counsel, here goes: 
(I'm determined to do some catching up, just not sure how to do that yet with the accurate dates.)

Why the dishes sometimes take awhile at our house.  (I was just grateful he didn't put up too much fuss because on this third day of cross country practice he is pretty sore.)

A picture can never do a sunset justice, but this is why we planted a tree off the back porch...and then moved it.  The sunsets are breathtaking and I can't bear to impede the view.

This picture came over email today.  It was taken 10 years ago this summer.  I took care of Grandma today and at 92 she looks and acts much different---tiny and frail, not able to carry on a complete conversation.  However, when she is awake, she is still, always in a hurry, and often says, "I love you," and "You are beautiful."  I tell her the same and remind her to smile.  She usually does.

No comments:

Post a Comment