Sunday, October 20, 2019

Spirit Week for Sariah


I wish I would have taken a picture every day as Sariah showed her school spirit.  This was "Pink Day" for Breast Cancer Awareness.


One day this week James had a late start and in his white shirt and tie went to throw the football with Rex and Lyle before he had to leave.  It was a crisp morning before school.  They loved it, and I loved watching it!  We have a book called, "My Dad the Magnificent."  I was reminded about that book as I watched them.

Other fun things around the house this week:

It looks like an egg in a nest, but when I cut back the day lillies I found this bouncy ball.  I took a picture of it and when James got home to be with the boys that day he showed them the picture and sent them on a scavenger hunt.  He said it didn't take long at all.  They knew where to look.
(I was in Royal watching Sariah's meet--my phone died so I don't have any pictures.  She got 2nd.  She said whoever she says "good luck" to before the race is always the one that beats her.)


I got a kick out of finding the spoon by the cookie dough in the fridge.


These mysterious footprints showed up in our backyard.  We decided they must have been from Sariah when she walked over to Freeman's on the really cold morning.  She must have killed the grass because it was so cold.
 

This was during the more pleasant part of the morning.  James was painting a car and apple juicing, Bryant and Sariah were at youth conference, so these guys and I were on pumpkin selling duty.
   When I woke up it was pouring and I just about decided to cancel, for the first time ever, our Saturday pumpkin selling.  I thought of those kids out in the heat weeding and watering and knew I couldn't do that, although I was skeptical at best about whether or not anyone would show up to buy pumpkins in such weather.  The words from Moroni came do mind, "Has the day of miracles ceased?"  I woke the kids up and we read that second half of chapter 7 in Moroni.  Then we prayed and thanked Heavenly Father for making the pumpkins grow, and the health and strength to plant, and weed, and water.  And, I prayed that he would send the people to buy them.  And He did--even in the wind and rain.  It wasn't busy but there were a lot more customers than I expected--including a few faithful who support us every year.  We are very blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment