Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Countdown



...days of school left. Yesterday the boys found out their teachers for next year and spent time in their classrooms. It's called fly-up day and I think it is a FANTASTIC idea. It almost completely relieves new school year anxiety over the summer.

This morning Sariah and I drew up the invite for Girl's Night Out on Friday since we won't be going out to Grandma's during Fathers and Sons. We hoped to roll them up in a scroll, tie them with a ribbon, and deliver them in our "chariot," but our printer ran out of ink, Hyrum in under the weather, and we are running out of time. So, the cyber duke delivered them.


The quote on the bottom of the invite comes from a great message I read this morning by Elder Ballard.

Hyrum's fever resumed today and he started pulling on his ear this afternoon. I called the Dr.'s office at 3:00 hoping to be able to get in tomorrow. They said they had an opening at 4:30. By 5:30 I was walking out of Walgreen's with a prescription for his ear infection. The whole insurance/health care system may be broken, but the doctor's office and pharmacy proved to me today that the service is working.

Hyrum took his medicine like a milk shake! I've heard of kids who take medicine like that, but NONE of my kids have EVER taken medicine like that. They refuse to take tylenol even now that they are grown and understand what it is supposed to do. They prefer to suffer than take medicine. I'm so grateful it wasn't like that this evening. I pray it will last for another 9 1/2 days. Last time it was two-man restraints and near choking three times a day for 10 days. Total torture for us all.

I'm reading an abridged Tom Sawyer to the boys at night. They love it. I told them they can love it as long as they realize Tom is a rascal and not a role model. I can see the gleam in their eyes listening to all the mischief.

No comments:

Post a Comment