Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sun-up to Sun-down

Hyrum was up bright and early (actually normal time for him) at 6:30 so he got to come with me on my run that turned into a walk. He was screaming so loud when I was trying to change his diaper that Talmage and Bryant also came with me. So it wasn't the solitary thinking time that I so enjoy, but it was still enjoyable, me and my boys. The morning was gorgeous. We walked down to see the baby colts but they weren't there. Bryant didn't come home empty handed though, two golf balls and a rock. His walk was straight out of a Family Circus comic with the little dashed line going everywhere but straight. In fact, Bryant probably walked twice as far as the rest of us.

I was excited to make breakfast this morning, because I had been concocting it my mind for a couple of days. See why?


home ground hard white wheat, hand collected walnuts, blueberries, and truly ripe strawberries

So Talmage helped cut the blueberries for the homemade whole wheat pancakes with walnuts, Sariah stirred the Orange Juice, and Bryant shot the basketball on the front driveway. But we all LOVED breakfast!



It was the first really nice Saturday we've had in awhile. Hyrum couldn't wait to get outside so I just put his tennis shoes right over top his jammies. He didn't mind a bit.



In fact, the neighbors were swimming in their pool. Can you tell?



James was being tortured by staying cooped up in the bedroom writing his mid-term paper. Then he was off to Kamiakin's graduation. This evening the VonHales Family sang at Kyler's baptism. Of course, playing the piano was the best I could do. We made it through.

Bryant is crying himself to sleep to the thought that somehow someone switched me out and I'm a fake mom. I'm glad he likes me.

I have to post about about a little "adventure" yesterday. Sariah has had her gear out several times this week begging me to go on an adventure with her. I kept asking her, "Okay, what do we do?" She'd say, "You know, just go on a 'venture." Yesterday, I had to take matters into my own hands and come up with an adventure myself. I had an idea that would make it fun for both of us. I took pictures of random places in our house that she would recognize and could search out. Like so:
Sariah's drawer in the bathroom

Bookshelf in the piano room

I placed a piece of her play jewelry in each of the locations and then handed her the camera. She would look at each picture, figure out where it was, and hunt for the jewels. It was challenging but not discouraging for her. She loved holding the camera. I loved watching her. An "I Spy" scavenger hunt for those that can't read. Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment