Saturday, June 12, 2010

Safely Home

Today while we were outside, Sariah was sporting her "new" (from the attic) pink sandals. In conversation, she said, "it's my right left foot." Is that opposed to her wrong left foot? Or is that the right of her two left feet? I don't know, it was just funny.

This same girl was camped out on the sidewalk in her car seat with a water bottle for a long time waiting for Dad and the boys to come home from camping. I kept having to explain to the neighbors why she looked like a "freebie" waiting on the sidewalk for the first person who wanted to pick her up.

Our campers came back with smiles and smells of smoke and fish. I was just beginning to see the bottoms of my laundry baskets when they were piled high with stinky camping gear. I'm glad they had fun. You know, Fathers and Sons is only second to Christmas around here.



This evening Sariah and I went to Addi's graduation. Addi has been living with us for nearly two years now during the week while going to CBC's dental hygiene school. She has been Sariah's surrogate sister. If I can't find Sariah she has usually sneaked into Addi's room for a story or a chat. We will miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment