Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Emerging from the Fog

I feel like I'm regaining some zest for life finally.

I've been working on Talmage's costume for his wax museum---William Bradford---and I've really been enjoying it.

I enjoyed the company of Hyrum and Sariah at the grocery store on Monday. When we were bagging the groceries we were across from a slightly elderly man. Hyrum looked right at him and said, "Bompa" (Grandpa). The man lit up and replied, "you know a grandpa when you see one." It was fun to see my baby make someone's day.

He woke up from his nap prematurely that day so when I held him in my arms he fell back to sleep. I studied the chubby curves of his profile, his button nose, and the downy baby hair on his cheeks that still make them irresistible. I watch him bounce and skip around the house with glee. I hear him learning to talk (even scolding occasionally) and I just wish that somehow I could record all the sights and sounds for days not too far away I'm afraid when such precious moments will no longer be had. I know Talmage, Bryant, and Sariah must have been just the same, but time has erased the details. It pains.

2 comments:

  1. How are you feeling? Maybe we can borrow Sariah sometime next week to come play. Hyrum can come too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Makala....your getting twins. Now that's the way to do it. You just blew right past me:) I need to call you soon.

    ReplyDelete