Monday, January 24, 2011

Still Dreaming of a Sister

Last night as I was tucking Sariah into bed she said, "Mom, I was listening to the boys talking to each other in their bunkbeds and I was thinking I would really like to do that with a sister. But we're having two boys and now we're back to where we started." I didn't know how to comfort that sad little heart, (especially since I have such fond memories of pillow talk with my sisters on our triple bunkbed,) but I told her that we don't always understand Heavenly Father's plan and whether or not we have any sisters, we're going to have a great time together. I'm not sure that is what she had in mind.

Today, Bryant read the only book of the A-Z Mysteries that he hadn't been able to get his hands on. I think the school librarian the last few weeks has been ordering books to fill in the blanks because he's been the first to have these last few brand new. He was so excited, and I was excited for him to be so excited. Perhaps more impressive, he told me the titles of all 26 books in the series.

I got my continuing education course in the mail today (finally). I have 7 days to complete it and renew my license. Never had to cram quite like this.

The best news of the day. I just got a phone call from a great friend who is celebrating her second anniversary today and received in the mail permission for her and her husband to be sealed in the temple. Funny thing. When I went to their wedding two years ago I was pregnant. If I make it to her sealing, her husband will have never seen me not pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment