Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Walk-a-thon

This evening was the Basin City Bobcat Walk-a-thon Fundraiser.  I'm not a fan of fund raisers, but this one was different.  I got to watch the grin on my kids' faces as they ran and walked the laps around the soccer field, looking my way as they'd pass for my thumbs up.  Hyrum and Rex and Lyle cheered them on as I tried to keep them pacified with hotdogs and nachos.  My favorite part of all was when the field cleared and Hyrum asked me if he could run around it.  Talmage said he would go with him.  So, big brother and little brother ran around the field all by themselves, mile-wide smiles.  Mine too.  Oh, how I wish I had had my camera.  When we got home, that same big brother made hot cocoa for that same little brother as little brother hugged him around the leg. 

Bryant may have had the school's highest number of laps.  He's a competitor. 

Sariah bought a licorice rope with her hotdog.  Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment