Friday, April 26, 2013

Spring Training

There has been quite a bit of baseball around here lately.  Yesterday, I finally got tired of preventing Hyrum from hitting Rex and Lyle with the bats---all of whom wanted to hit at the same time.  Some pipe and foam tubing and I had three Ts and a perfect solution. I was amazed at how long they kept at it.  It looked like "Spring Training"

 Rex consistently bats left-handed.


Lyle consistently bats right handed.


Hyrum is very conscientious about his footing.


And of course, who caught the brunt of it?  Yes, cousin Jhett---Hyrum's bat right between the eyes.  
He hadn't been here for 5 minutes.

Sariah at her Tball game on Tuesday.

Rex and Lyle at the boys' baseball game.  Lovin' their shades.
(Nice shadow, huh?)

And, the B-man turned double digits yesterday.  Ordered mud pie for his birthday cake.

 His favorite birthday present.  His own diving catch in center field.  
This is the best journal entry I could get out of him.  It was a diving bobble catch.

I had to take this picture this morning. 
I couldn't help but think of my dad making these blocks for me many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment