Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Today's Joys

Today was a gorgeous spring day after what seems like days and days of wind.  (I might have to post my yesterday's kite story a different time.)

So, out came the sidewalk chalk and the bubbles.  I sat on the little front yard hill with Rex and Lyle as they blew, and blew, and blew bubbles---squealing and chasing with delight. 

I worked with Talmage fielding and practicing first base.  He really wants to play first base.

Bryant got out his BB gun and made his first kill.  He shot a Robin.  He felt really bad about it and ended up burying it and placing a wooden marker.

One of my greatest joys is when I observe my children being thoughtful towards one another. 

I watched Hyrum, Rex, and Lyle, meticulously and patiently use their tiny fingers to pick up spilled air soft BBs so they could wrap them up and give them to Bryant for his birthday.

Sariah wrapped up some leftover Easter candy and attached a note, "Good Luck Being 10."

Bryant read Rex and Lyle their bedtime story tonight.  On the way up the stairs, he asked if he could do that again tomorrow night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment