Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oh, What Do You Do In The Summertime?

We are relishing these last few days of summer vacation.

Last Friday, James and I (and Hyrum) borrowed my grandparent's two seater bicycle for date night. We took it down to the Columbia River and road the bike trail along the river at sunset. It was so much fun! Hyrum even fell asleep in James's arms.


Saturday, one of my teamates from high school talked me in to playing in a three on three basketball tournament. I was a little worried since I've played one competitive pick up game since Talmage was born, but it was a lot of fun and turned out as well as I could have hoped for. My mom came and took care of Hyrum so I could play. Once a mom, always a mom. I was a little sore on Sunday but not as bad as I expected.

Monday, Talmage helped me get ready for a surprise dinner for my Dad. He just completed his master's degree and we're proud of him for all of his hard work. A lot of the family is around before everyone heads back to school, so it was fun to be together. I wanted to get a picture with everyone together, but Hyrum was hungry as soon as the last plate was served so this is at least what the table looked like. Talmage ironed the napkins, made the napkin rings, and spread the confetti.

Yesterday, we went up to the school playground just because we had a free afternoon. What did we find? A puddle.


When we came home, we enjoyed the fresh bounty of summer. Sariah helped. Fresh sweet corn -- thanks Severin and Haley. Fresh peaches -- thanks Bendixsons. Fresh salsa -- thanks Kami.

Today we enjoyed a picnic lunch in the backyard. Talmage helped Hyrum to enjoy it too.



We Love Summer! Hope you've had a great summer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment