Friday, February 26, 2010

Yellow Roses


These showed up at my house, as they do every year at this time
...and not for Valentine's Day.

Can you guess why?


Ten years ago this month I agreed to set out on the adventure of a lifetime.
I knew I was in for a great ride. I had no idea just how great.

I should have known from the very beginning how special James would make me feel. I know it doesn't look like much, but he proposed to me in a place near and dear to my heart. These winter-barren crags are the apple orchard in which I spent hours and hours and hours with my family during my formative years. Yellow roses (and tulips) are my favorite.

Oh how beautiful are the blossoms and fruit of that engagement.
I truly believe if everyone felt the love and selflessness of one person like I do, the world would be a different place.
Thank you James, for the way you love me.

2 comments:

  1. The feelings are mutual! I love you. Ten years is great and it just gets better.

    я с тобой на вечность и этим я торжествую.
    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yellow roses as well. What a sweet tradition to look forward to every year!

    ReplyDelete