Thursday, May 20, 2010

NieNie

I know I'm light years behind in the blogging world, because this week, following the Mormon Messages story on Stephanie Nielson, I discovered NieNie Dialogues. It has sent me on a trip to deeper thinking.

Tonight, after Sariah's bath while the boys were in showers, she asked me if I would teach her how to take a shower. I told her of course. She followed up, "Yeah, you can teach me how to do the brakes!" Let's "brake" right there little lady. A shower is not driving so don't jump the gun! She also was thrilled with a surprise visit from Aunt Haley and Baby Kyree. A baby looks good on her.

Yesterday was Young Author's Day in Bryant's class. It was at 12:15---naptime. Bryant's excitement couldn't let me miss it though, unmanageable baby or not. Thankfully, Hyrum protested lightly for about a minute and then fell asleep in my hiking pack---which wasn't so easy to manuever on my knees from tiny desk to tiny desk in a crowded classroom with Sariah's death grip to my clothes. But he was right, I couldn't miss, I Love Basketball by Bryant Hales. This is the "collection" he brought home for me yesterday.



Talmage has been nervous about his MSP testing this week. James gave him a blessing on Tuesday morning after scripture study before school. Today when James asked him how it has gone, he answered smoothly, "It was eeeeasy." When I was helping in his classroom yesterday with the newly introduced concept of fractions, it was coming quickly to Talmage. Our children have been blessed with great minds.

Hyrum followed me around while I mowed the lawn this afternoon. (Definitely one of my "chores of choice".) After we were done, I lay on the grass flat on my back and coaxed him, "Come, get me." This is the invitation to our wrestling match which I love as much as he, because he comes and crawls around on me for a minute then buries his face in my neck and giggles. I lifted him up into an airplane ride and realized how blue the sky was today.





Those are graham cracker crumbs all around his mouth. (Better than the millipede I fished out earlier this week.) My kids think mowing the lawn and graham crackers are like salt and pepper---they belong together. They sit on the front steps and eat crackers while I mow the lawn.

James returned from his two day business trip. As you can see, I'm not the only one that doesn't sleep as well when James isn't around. Bryant in our bed, (I left him there for the night,) and Sariah on the floor of the office (a few feet from where I was reading the story of NieNie).



She is a faithful scripture reader as you can see, even though she doesn't know how to read.

While I was holding down the fort, James was observing other seminary and institute teachers as well as sitting in Ferraris and other cars whose speedometers can measure up to 200 mph. I'm so glad he's home. We'll all sleep better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment