Friday, May 21, 2010

TGIF



My morning run turned into my morning walk when little man decided it was time to wake up at 5:45am. It probably doesn't do my heart and lungs quite as good, but a morning walk with my little guy in my hiking pack doesn't short my mind and soul any. We walked down to the corrals to see the horses. There were four colts I hadn't seen before. When we returned home, the flowerbed looked especially healthy in the dawn light.



Talmage had his first tardy today. His note to school read, "Talmage is late because he was learning about choices and consequences." I knew it would happen sooner or later. He was very upset, but when he left, I was pretty sure he understood. I was sure he knew I loved him. I was grateful today was the day we had planned to take Twinkies to his class at lunch to celebrate his unbirthday. (One month and my firstborn turns 9.) I was able to make sure he had emotionally recovered by then. He had long since recovered.

This afternoon, Hyrum patiently put the plastic ball on the tee hunted down the bat, and "hit" more like tipped it off. He did this repeatedly and purposefully. We all loved it and cheered him on.

It was Friday night homemade pizza and all were satisfied. I managed to squeeze in the pickling I've been trying to get done all week. I had to buckle and buy 0.3oz. of dillweed at Yoke's for $6.09. Ouch! To be honest, I've never tried pickled asparagus---it doesn't even appeal to me. But, James loves it---especially wrapped in a piece of ham slathered with cream cheese. I do like the way it looks in the jar.



Tonight I took the kids to the Parley Building Open House. Bryant's comment, "This is so beautiful, can we join this church?" It was really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment