Monday, October 11, 2010

I learned so much today.

Happy Birthday Sariah! (Special treatment: going to get a load of pumpkins
with Dad in the pick-up.)

Five years ago today, one of my best friends was born.

When she was very little, I was pushing her in the baby swing outside. As I watched her delight, and felt my own, I had a feeling come over me that I'll describe as "total contentment." Somehow, that little person made me feel so complete and and happy.

I hope God's plan includes more daughters for our family. If it doesn't though, this little lady is more than I ever hoped for in a little friend. I hope and pray that we will always be close.

For her birthday, Sariah wanted to hike Badger Mountain. I left Hyrum with a sweet friend and spent a long morning with Sariah, just the two of us. I learned "mountains". I hope to be able to put it into words tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. This is what I am looking forward to with Kyra. Not that boys aren't great too, girls are just different. :) We hope you get some more girls too!

    ReplyDelete