Thursday, September 10, 2009

All Dressed Up

Sariah had me help her put her princess dress on, the rest was a surprise.
I spent most of the day digging myself out of dishes, clutter, and laundry that has accumulated over the last couple days as I've set housework aside to compile "The Amazing Race" for a youth activity. I literally spent hours trying to pull it all together. I came to a realization. I know why it is in the church that the women get left with a lot of the planning and details of the functions that take place. Here it is: If the men did their jobs like the women do their jobs on the days when activities are coming together, the men would get fired. Nobody is going to fire a woman from being a homemaker. Thus, we just let the home wreck as we set our duties aside to focus on the activity at hand, and try and make up for lost ground when the activity is over. Anyway, the dishes are done tonight for the first time in a couple days.

We continue to enjoy our walks to school on these most pleasant mornings.
Sariah, Hyrum, and I eat our lunch outside every day to get the most out of these lovely, last days of summer.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! She's just getting ready for halloween early this year. We love you and all your cute kids. Thanks for the Blog. We love to see what's happening.

    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete