Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

For the last 5 summers we've invited our neighbors over for a neighborhood BBQ. It has been an amazing experience to see our neighborhood grow in friendship from this simple act. Tonight was the night this year. We came together as "old friends" without any awkwardness or discomfort. We enjoyed it, and I think everyone else did as well.

James and the kids spent most of the day digging a hole in preparation for pouring a concrete pad on which to build a shed. I made over a chair I got at a yard sale last week to add to our "outdoor living space" which we have been working on, and enjoying, over the summer. (I'm bummed I forgot to take a "before" picture.)It was a cooler day, but very pleasant. We were glad to spend most of it outside.

Sariah has learned to pump in the swing. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment